Wednesday 28 October 2009

Sneak peak into the pilgrimage

Resting! that always puts a big smile on my face. What a view.


This man was soooooooo funny, he just loves life. He carved me a little jizo statue (in my left hand) out of cherry blossom wood - such a treasure.

The ever faithful tent, my home that`s always with me. People can`t believe I`m camping by myself. Guess they don`t have any comparison with other countries to realise just how safe Japan is.


Of course there has to be a token blister. It just kept growing and growing. Luckily this day I was able to bathe it in sea water.


The ever faithful markers that guide me along the way.


Climbing mountains with a fellow pilgrim.


A cold morning in the mountains, gratefully enjoying the free hot tea.


I want their job..... What a perfect lifestyle.


The dreaded tunnels. Note no footpath. I seriously hold my breath as I go through them. The longest so far has been 1.7km, about 20mins of breath holding terror as cars speed by. Luckily this is a baby one, that`s only single laned.


Hideko so nicely invited me in and let me sleep in her house for the night. EVEN when she couldn`t speak English and I can`t speak Japanese. She`s such a sweety. The next morning she made me pose for all these "in action" photos with my pack on - such fun.


The coolest place I`ve slept.


My humble beginnings.

1 comment:

  1. Ronniechaaan:) How Bloody cool u r♪  Arigatou for text me,too. U always made me genki. Take care. and C u soon.xxx

    ReplyDelete